Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 20:36:36 -0500
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Installing linear autohelm on LF38
From: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
CC: f...@postaudio.net

Jason — there is absolutely no room for a tiller arm on the LF38; you need to
attach the ram directly to the quadrant, at the proper distance from the center
of the rudder post for the drive you got.  One option is to orient the ram
forward to aft, on the port side of the rudder post (access via the port
quarter berth access hatch).  Otherwise, about your only other option is to
have the ram oriented athwartship, forward of the rudder post, with the access
through the cockpit locker.
There are no easy steering system jobs on the LF38.
— Fred

Fred Street -- Minneapolis

On May 29, 2016, at 8:32 PM, Jason & Amanda Ward via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:Good Day Everyone.  Now that the sailing season
is upon us life is good again.  Life would be even better if I was able to use
my autohelm.  I have purchased an Raymarine EV200 linear drive unit and am
trying to figure out how to install it below deck.  As all C&C owners know
there is very little room at the best of times and it appears that when they
made the LF38, autohelm was never even a consideration. I was wondering if
there are any other LF owners out there that have successfully installed a
linear below deck drive that would be willing to pass on their installation
process.  Photos would also be appreciated. Life is good on a boat, even when
you are fixing her. Good sailing and hope to talk soon. JasonStarship LF38Lake
Winnipeg, Manitoba