David,

I seriously doubt it. My house bank was down to 11.90 after the winter and
everything still powered up when I tested it. Thankfully, I’m back to 12.65
now.

All the best,

Edd

Edd M. Schillay
Starship Enterprise
C&C 37+ | Sail No: NCC-1701-B
City Island, NY
Starship Enterprise's Captain's Log <http://enterpriseb.blogspot.com/>

> On Jun 2, 2016, at 1:57 PM, David Knecht via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
>
> I have been having problems with my GPS (Zeus T8) and Autopilot (EV-100)
> since I installed them last year.  The T8 periodically starts activating the
> touch screen and beeping away like I am tapping away on it.  This correlates
> with nothing I have noticed.  Yesterday it did not do it under battery power
> during a race, but started when I started the engine.  I am 95% sure that it
> has happened without the engine running as well.  The Raymarine periodically
> freezes while in Autopilot mode.  This also happens with or without the
> engine.  A  B&G tech support guy I talked to thinks the problems are related
> in some way to the network (Seatalk NG/NMEA) or the power.  Yesterday, I
> detached the network cable from the B&G when it started beeping and continued
> to beep away.  So that leaves power.  Today, I checked the voltage being
> supplied to the T8.  The batteries had not been topped up since a race the
> day before and were reading about 12.5-12.6 volts (AGM).  At the GPS power
> cable, I measured 12.2 (one battery)-12.3 volts (both batteries).   Does that
> voltage drop make any sense and is that 0.3 volts potentially relevant to the
> problems?  Dave
>
> Dr. David Knecht
> Professor of Molecular and Cell Biology
> Core Microscopy Facility Director
> University of Connecticut
> 91 N. Eagleville Rd.
> Storrs, CT 06269
> 860-486-2200

> This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you like
> what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All Contributions
> are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!