There is another issue that used to be common back in the day before combiners:
The process of starting the engine both puts noise into the wiring and drops
the voltage considerably. That can drive some electronics nuts for sure! My
electronics don't run off the engine battery, so it has been a long time since
I dealt with that.
Can you give us:

1.      Voltage without engine

2.      Lowest voltage during engine start

3.      Voltage with engine running

Joe Della Barba
Coquina

greatly appreciated!