Those 2 rolls by hand will be on the "wrong" way as the only way to get them on
the drum is to rotate the sail and furler.  I think the better way to get the
extra rolls on the drum would be to wait to attach the line to the drum until
the sail has been over furled by hand several times. I am thinking 10 times
plus ( probably have to take off the sheets) - then attach the furling line.
Remember that when furling the sail in windy conditions your sail is going to
be much more tightly wound round the headstay and thus require many more turns
of the drum to get it fully furled.  Remember that you will usually be furling
with the sail under a little bit (or sometimes with a lot) of load and the
furling line will be more tightly wrapped round the drum allowing for a larger
number of turns before getting "jammed".

Btw I suspect that your problem in the first instance was caused by letting the
jib unfurl without having any tension on the furling line.  Happened to me once
- had to spend a good hour on the bow while it was bouncing up and down in big
waves / big wind at the entrance to Narraganset Bay.  I now insist on keeping a
little tension on the furling line as it runs when the sail unfurls.

--
Jonathan
Indigo C&C 35III

> On Jun 11, 2016, at 21:30, Edward Levert via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
>
> Now attach the new line to the drum with the sail fully furled. Add 2 rolls
> by hand.

greatly appreciated!