The Max-Prop may be worn and need to be rebuilt. Check for looseness in the
blades when it is hauled.

I had something similar happen when motor sailing when my prop was worn.
When the wind would puff and accelerate the boat taking the load off the
prop, it would shudder.

Eric
C&C 34/36

greatly appreciated!