Fred,

This is a very clever idea. One learns something new every day. I can go home
now. Too bad that I read this this late in the day...

Marek

From: Frederick G Street via CnC-List
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 14:00
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Frederick G Street
Subject: Re: Stus-List Pedestal wiring

I don’t use hole saws and the like; I’ve found a much better and faster way to
do this.  Most pods like the Navpod series have basically a round hole for wire
entry; but the pod itself covers a much larger area of the tubing.  As some of
the connectors don’t turn a 90° angle when exiting the tubing, I’ve found it
much easier to cut an elongated hole in the tubing without the pod mounted,
pass all the wiring through that hole, THEN pass the wires into the pod and
mount it.

The way I cut the hole is to use the cheap grinding wheels on my Handy Dremel
Tool (to use Wal’s moniker…).  I make two angled cuts for the top and bottom of
the hole, then cut straight sides, like in this drawing:

http://www.postaudio.net/webserver/Navpodcutout.pdf

This makes it much easier to get all those connectors and wiring through the
guard into a pod.  Also, make sure to pull the cables with the largest
connectors first, so you don’t fill the guard tubing with lots of wires, then
have to try to stuff a large connector through, too.

— Fred

Fred Street -- Minneapolis

greatly appreciated!