James (and Pete),

Good to see another LF 35 owner on the list!

The Landfall 35 has teak capped toe rails, so we get the joy of varnishing
rather than paint, anodizing, or powdercoating.

>From the looks of the sealant and robust hardware used to secure the bow
>fitting on my LF 35, I would far prefer to sand, mask, and paint mine before
>attempting to remove something as critical to keeping the mast up and the
>water out.. even if I had to do it every other year.  Taking an air chisel to
>free up the bow fitting doesn’t sound appealing to me.

I’m heading out to the boat tonight so I’ll take a peek at bolt access etc..

Chuck Gilchrest

S/V Half Magic

1983 LF 35

greatly appreciated!