From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> on behalf of Dennis C. via
CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:27 AM
To: CnClist
Cc: Dennis C.
Subject: Re: Stus-List Forestay Stem Fitting / Chainplate - Update

Google "dye penetrant crack" and go to images.  There are many examples of
actual cracks revealed by dye checks.

The polished chain plate did not show evidence of a serious crack.

Dennis C,

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 12:45 AM, S Thomas via CnC-List
I would like to know how to tell the difference between this, if it is not a
problem, and the dreaded crevice crack corrosion that we are so constantly
being warned about.

Steve Thomas
C&C27 MKIII

greatly appreciated!