Hi,
This is my first season sailing  after a season on the hard doing repairs. When
the yard re-stepped the mast the holes on the metal straps that bolt through
the mast no longer align. The holes on the mast are lower by 3/8". As part of
the rehab I had removed the mast collar. so I initially thought that I used too
much caulking in the installation. I removed the collar and scrapped away all
the caulking but the holes are still off. I wasn't there when the yard had
originally took out the mast so I'm not sure if there was anything under the
mast causing it to be slightly higher. I'm relunctant to drill a new set of
holes.
  Any advice would be appreciated.
Thx

Tom Alessi