I got the power ratio numbers from the winch performance information for the
Grinder 40 on the Defender website.

I see that 1st & 2nd gears on the Trimmer are the same as 3rd & 4th on the
Grinder.

14 CM  of line recovery per handle revolution in the fastest gear for the
Trimmer. One of the metric folks on the list help me… that’s, what, 5.5 inches?
And 1.4 CM in the lowest gear is about 6/10ths of an inch per revolution?

Max working load is 1870 pounds for both the Grinder & Trimmer. I wonder what
the sheet loads are on a 155 on a 38 mk2 in 15 knots of true wind? According to
the Harken calculator, for my 135 in 20 knots apparent (which is around 13 or
14 true) the sheet load is 969 pounds.

Rick Brass

Washington, NC