You also may need to adjust the clutch pressure. The Moyer Marine Rebuild
Manual explains how that is done in good detail. I will be doing the same
as soon as I receive the new gasket from Moyer Marine for the access cover
to the clutch and reversing gear assembly.

Rob Mazza
C&C Corvette Trillium IV

On Sat, Sep 3, 2016 at 11:17 AM, Josh Muckley via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> You may find that the engine is moving independent of the shift cable.
> With older/softer engine mounts the thrust may be moving the engine
> closer/further from the cable.  Most cables are attached to the engine so
> this doesn't happen but if the cable of mount is broken or failing it may
> be causing the problem.  Get a partner to create the problem while you are
> watching the engine.
>
> It could also be as simple as adjusting the cable.
>
> Josh Muckley
> S/V Sea Hawk
> 1989 C&C 37+
> Solomons, MD
>
> On Sep 3, 2016 10:23 AM, "Randy Stafford via CnC-List" <
> cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
>> Listers-
>>
>> My Atomic-4 slips out of gear in forward if I open the throttle too much,
>> especially under heavy load. It's not really a problem, because I don't
>> need that much throttle. But I'm just wondering if this a common and
>> fixable issue, or a safety feature, or what.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Randy
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

>> This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you
>> like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All
>> Contributions are greatly appreciated!

> like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All
> Contributions are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!