I'm trying to imagine how the pump is 7 or 8 feet from the tank. On my 32
the 30 gallon tank is located under the port side settee. Tank is located
aft in this storage space and pump is forward of tank. My boat did not
originally have a pump at all (just foot pumps). I installed a jabsco just
forward of the tank where the port is. If your tank is like mine, it can be
positioned either forward in that storage space, or aft. In it's default
orientation it's aft with port forward but I don't see why, if I needed to
do what you are doing, I couldn't just slide the tank forward and locate
the pump aft. Am I making sense? Again, not sure if your 34 is similar.

Relocating ports on these plastic tanks is expensive work. I know because I
had to have one of mine replaced.

Steve
Suhana, C&C 32
Toronto