Charlie,

For a multiple-race series, we’ve made it a rule that for each race, one
entered boat will be selected at random to serve as RC for that night’s race.
The selection is done at the week before the series starts so people have the
option to trade with another boat. Failure to appear and failure to follow
established guidelines results in a non-throwoutable DSQ for the night.

As long as boats serve and there is a start and finish of two or more boats in
their division, the receive their average score for the night. If a race in
their division is not run, or nobody in their division finishes, they do not
get a score either.

If you have enough boats, you can make it every two years.

Simply put, if you want to eat the cake, sometimes you may need to do the
dishes.

All the best,

Edd

Edd M. Schillay