Different engine, but the same procedure.

I take the intake hose off the seacock and connect a length of hose (about 2 m
(6-7 Ft)). This goes into a bucket (e.g. from home depot, 5 gal). I run a
garden hose to it from a water supply. I fill the bucket with water and start
the engine. This way you can run the engine as long as you want (e.g. until it
warms up). You regulate the level of the water in the bucket by adjusting the
throttle and the flow of water. When the engine is warm enough, I stop it. Now
I replace the water with antifreeze. A few gallons should be enough. In my
Perkins I use almost a full bucket (antifreeze is cheap, engine parts are not).
When the AF is gone from the bucket, I stop the engine. My long hose is almost
transparent so I can time it, so there is very little AF left in it. If you
want to be sure, you can capture some of the AF coming out of the exhaust and
check with a $15 refractometer.

This method helps with changing the oil- the engine is warm.

You can push the water out of the muffler with a shopvac half way through.

Marek
C270, “Legato”
Ottawa, ON