I agree with the port tie, and would like to add. Prevailing wind is
important. I had a slip that the wind blew me off, had major issues getting
tied up in any thing over 10 kts of breeze. If you are lucky enough to have a
slip with fingers on both sides then it doesn't matter. I single hand alot so
this what I look for in a slip.
    Doug MountjoysvPegasusLF38 #4just west of Ballard, WA.

------ Original message------From: robert via CnC-List Date: Fri, Oct 21, 2016
05:24To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com;Cc: robert;Subject:Stus-List Slip Choice
I have had a boat on the same mooring for approx. 20 years and have enjoyed the
ease (stress free) of coming and going from it, especially since I do mostly
single handed sailing.  However, I am considering getting a 'slip' at our
marina for next season.  There are several currently available, and with a 'bow
in' docking (my preference) I have the choice to do it from both port or
starboard docking.My boat has an 'offset prop shaft' which, I believe,
accentuates the prop walk to port when starting in reverse.So my question is
"Is there a preference for either a port or starboard docking (bow in) with my
prop walk situation?"  Reasons why?  Or does it make any difference?Rob
AbbottAZURAC&C 32 - 84Halifax,
the generous donations of our members. If you wish to make a contribution to
offset our costs, please go to:  https://www.paypal.me/stumurrayAll
Contributions are greatly appreciated!