I think that, as Josh said, the whole thing depends on the property walk.
However, if I have left/right and port/still. correctly, if your boat turns to
port when reversing and you dock bow in, you want to be on the left side
(looking out) of the fairway. This way, when you go out, you need to turn to
port (in reverse) and the prop walk helps (the boats turns almost on its own).
If I had a choice, I would select the dock finger to port - this way when you
dock and you hit reverse to stop, the prop walk brings the stern towards the
finger/pilings.

If you want to turn against the prop walk in reverse, my way of doing it is to
put the transmission in reverse, give the engine and burst of speed and put it
back in neutral. The burst of speed gets the boat moving (the heart rudder
starts working), but you don't introduce the prop walk that would work against
you during the maneuver.

The most important is to figure out what works for you.

I hope it helps.

Marek

Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.