I have Nexus NX2 instruments (now owned by Garmin), and they are very reliable.
 No problem with five year old speed transducer.

From: Bill Bina - gmail via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 9:06 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Bill Bina - gmail
Subject: Re: Stus-List speed instrument frustration

Mine is from Raymarine and it is removable for cleaning while the boat is in
the water. I keep the dummy plug in the thruhull except when I need to use the
speed instrument. Takes a couple minutes to swap out, but not a big deal. My
old one was a 1986 Standard Horizon that was still working when I replaced all
of my instruments a couple years ago. You can use a water based antifouling
paint on it if you wish, but I don't bother.

Bill Bina