I just discovered (new to me at least) that Signet Marine sells refurbished
Signet Marine traditional round instruments and sensors.
http://www.signetmarine.com/products-2/used_instruments/used.html. They
give seemingly-appropriate warnings about reduced appearance and expected
lifespan, and prices look medium.
I might consider this for my wind stuff (already replaced speed and depth
instruments on my 36 year old 30-1).

No connection to SIgnet.

Nate
Sarah Jean