My suggestion about the spin halyard parking cleat was to stimulate ideas
for holding a halyard on the mast.  In my opinion, the best solution for
the original post is still a rope clutch.

The parking cleat is simply that.  A fitting to "park" a halyard
"temporarily" while the crew tidies up and the pit person can remove the
slack and "permanently" stop the halyard with a cabin top rope clutch.  It
is designed to release when tensioned from the pit.  Remember, the spin
halyard is hoisted by hand.  The load can't be huge because the mast person
wouldn't be able to hoist it.

Jib halyards are more likely tensioned by a cabin top or mast mounted
winch, not by hand.  Thus they probably have more load.

Genoa and main sheet loads can be calculated here:

http://www.harken.com/Calculators/

Although no halyard load calculator was found, I found a reference to a
Harken rep's reply to a sailor that they use 90-100% of clew load for
halyards.  Just as an example, a 300 sq. ft. genoa will generate 520 pounds
of load in 20 knots of breeze.  That exceeds the 300 lb spec of a Harken
150 cam cleat.

Again, a spin parking block and a system to stop a genoa halyard are
different uses.  A bracket for a larger cam cleat for higher loads might
not be that difficult to make.  However, it will still be limited by the
working load of the cam cleat and the shear strength of the fasteners.

Dennis C.