Thanks for the responses everyone,

Yes, I was considering pivoting the mast back while the boat was on the hard,
probably using a gin pole (or rigging the boom?). I wondered if the pivot was
purpose-built with this in mind. The mast definitely looks stout so I will
proceed this caution and lots of beefy help.

So far, I love this boat!

-Rob

Sent from my iPhone