There is no need to go full discharge.  The voltage and capacity properties
of a lead-acid battery have a near linear relationship so a 50% discharge
is fine for testing.  That should be 11.6v.  All of this is just a
comparison.  A brand new battery might show +/- 10% of the labeled rating.
That doesn't mean that you got a good or bad battery.  It's just an
indication of how difficult it is to accurately measure the capacity.
Typically batteries are only considered at their end of life until they
only test at 50% of original labeled capacity.  Capacity tests really are
most powerful as a trending and comparison measurement rather than a
go/no-go.  I've successfully used 100Ah batteries that measured at only
7Ah.  I know they are junk but keep them around for various workbench
projects.  I've even used them to successfully start my spare marine diesel
sitting in the garage.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+