From: Della Barba, Joe via CnC-List
Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2017 10:16
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Della Barba, Joe
Subject: Re: Stus-List Battery test

Easy cheap way.
If you have accurate volt and amp meters,  a 20 amp (or near enough) load
applied for enough time to drain the batteries 50%*. You should see 12.2 for
wet cells and 12.3 or so for gel/agm.
Light loads like 1-5 amps and heavy loads like 50-100 amps both will be
inaccurate because of Peukert’s law. This law deals with the fact that  a 100
AH battery can supply 100 amps for 1 hour or 1 amp for 100 hours in theory, but
in practice 1 amp will last longer than 100 hours and 100 amps won’t make the
full hour. 20 amps is a good value for these tests.

* (AH capacity of batteries/load in amps) /2 = time in hours for 50% discharge