I have a Yanmar 2GMF and have flushed it of coolant then then flushed with fresh water and refill the coolant system.

I don't know your engine but mine was relativity straight forward. My engine has three (3) engine coolant system drains (wing nut types on valves).....seems like 2 on the engine and one on the back of the heat exchanger....and there clear pieces of hoses from the outlet of each value so you can actually see the coolant in the hose and direct the outflow to a container. Drain the coolant and close the outlets and refill with water only.....circulate....drain.....fill with coolant.

My fresh water has a drain when opened drains to the bilge.....open it, empty the tank, flush, empty again......close the value and fill it via the pressured fresh water tank.

Maybe this helps.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.

On 2017-02-10 6:11 PM, Bruce Whitmore via CnC-List wrote:
Hello all,

We have a Yanmar 3JH2E, and I would like to drain and flush the cooling system, including the hot water heater before I move the boat. I see in the engine manual talk about small petcocks, but is there a way, such as by removing hoses that I can not just drain the coolant, but actually flush through fresh water? I'm thinking there's got to be a relatively simple approach, but I could be wrong..

Thanks in advance!
Bruce Whitmore

(847) 404-5092 (mobile)
bwhitm...@sbcglobal.net