Regarding recurring water in the bilge: I am busy going over everything on my
newly acquired 1980 CNC 36.  My mast is off pending repairs to the rigging. I
have checked and double checked water tanks (2), water lines, and keel bolts.
No water coming from them or any of the 7 through hull fittings.  After using a
shop vac to remove any trace of water in the bilge I return the next day and
continue to find about 1/2 gallon of water in the bilge.  I am now convinced
that it is coming back from the manual bilge hose which outputs through a Y
connection on the bilge pump output hose.  I evacuated that tonight.  We’ll see
in the morning.  If I find any, it will be either salt or bleach.  That should
help narrow it down, as I have bleach in the water tanks.  The holding tank is
empty. Good thing for the taste test!