Steve,   Make sure that you take a good look at the knees which the shroud and
back stay chain plates attach.   These are a known weak spot on boats of our
vintage.    About 9 years ago the tabbing on one of mine started separating.  I
was fortunate that I found it before a catastrophic failure.

About every 2-3 years I find that I have to snug up on some of the toe rail
fasteners.   Generally a 1 flat turn re-seals.

Sail safe,

Mike
Virginia LEE.  93295
1978 C&C 36 CB