So, the old girl came off the hard, has a new electric motor and is now going
to get new cabin wiring.

I have been reading about bonding, grounding, panels, etc. and my head is
spinning, so thought I 'd turn to the list for some collective wisdom

Here's a few:

What sort of panels do people recommend?  The spread is for a couple hundred
bucks for a fuse panel to well over a grand for a combined AC/DC Blue Seas baby.

I am removing the old combined AC/DC panel above the companionway with one 6
gang panel in the cockpit and a 12 position plus 3 AC at the Nav Station.

SHORE POWER

Ok, so who is using an isolation transformer?

Do you connect the DC Negative at the battery with the AC ground on your
incoming?

BONDING/LIGHTNING PROTECTION

Who connects all the rig, prop shaft and keel in one electrical bundle also
connected with battery ground?  Has anyone ever considered bonding the aluminum
toe rails?

RFI shielding

What do you guys do to reduce RFI cross talk?

That's it for now.

This will be a simple boat, VHF, GPS Simrad WP30 Wheelpilot and Standard
Instruments.  The power supply for the electric motor was done already by a
marine electrical guy and works extremely well.

Suggestions?

Let 'er roll!

Alex

Alex Giannelia