From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Mark
Baldridge via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2017 10:12
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Mark Baldridge <jmbaldri...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List C&C 37/40+ Universal M-35 heat exchanger

Joe,

It does not leak nor overheat. However, I'm worried about electrolysis as the
zincs have not been changed in the last two and a half years and there is lot
of green coating on it at the ends and fittings.

I'm planning on taking the boat from Mobile Bay to Washington NC the end of
March by water, so I have a little time to get it right. Just don't want a
problem once I'm on the move.

I'll be back to the boat week after next. I'll pull the caps off and check the
zinc and see what the condition looks like. Maybe I can find a shop that can
give me a quick turn around if it looks bad.

All my previous boats are/were raw water cooled A4s. I'm just not familiar with
exchangers and their possible failure issues.

Thanks,
Mark