I have a Yanmar 2GMF and I have yet to find a zinc anywhere on that engine.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.

On 2017-02-17 7:40 AM, Josh Muckley via CnC-List wrote:
The 2JH2E is freshwater cooled right? Meaning it has a sealed glycol loop that recirculates AND an open seawater path that cools the glycol heat exchanger and goes on to cool the exhaust before editing the boat. To the best of my knowledge these freshwater yanmars do not have zincs. The need is eliminated because where the saltwater comes in limited contact with the engine parts (heat exchanger and salt water pump). Those parts have been made of copper nickle alloys or siliconized bronze. Neither of which readily corrode in salt water. The non-freshwater cooled engines have to have zincs because of the cast iron engine block which readily corrodes in saltwater.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD