From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of robert via
CnC-List
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2017 9:40 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: robert
Subject: Stus-List Are there Zincs I need to change ina Yanmar 3JH2E?

I have a Yanmar 2GMF and I have yet to find a zinc anywhere on that engine.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.
On 2017-02-17 7:40 AM, Josh Muckley via CnC-List wrote:
The 2JH2E is freshwater cooled right?  Meaning it has a sealed glycol loop that
recirculates AND an open seawater path that cools the glycol heat exchanger and
goes on to cool the exhaust before editing the boat.  To the best of my
knowledge these freshwater yanmars do not have zincs.  The need is eliminated
because where the saltwater comes in limited contact with the engine parts
(heat exchanger and salt water pump).  Those parts have been made of copper
nickle alloys or siliconized bronze.  Neither of which readily corrode in salt
water.  The non-freshwater cooled engines have to have zincs because of the
cast iron engine block which readily corrodes in saltwater.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD

On Feb 16, 2017 2:14 PM, "Bruce Whitmore via CnC-List"
I don't remember seeing a reference to them in the manuals I read.

Kindest Regards,

Bruce
847.404.5092<tel:847.404.5092>

Please forgive any typos as this was sent from my iPhone.