Hello all,

Well, In the fall of 2015, when we were in the process of buying our boat, the water heater was hooked up and tripping the shore power breaker at the survey. Surveyor said, it's probably just the element.

There is a loop in the engine for the piping to the coil heat exchanger inside the water heater. This was hooked at inspection. Well, as i needed some repairs done for the delivery home, I hired the yard where she spent 26 of her 30 years to fix a few things. Drain the old fuel, replace filters, replace some gauges, repair the toilet. Well, after I got the boat home I realized they had completely disconnected and bypassed the heat exchanger tubing from the water heater to the engine and never said anything to me about.

I called and called and called to try and find out why but, they simply refused to return my call.

My question now is, should i just hook it back up and see what the issue is?

Here is a pic at survey.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Al8x-ET7_b7Mn1uGbsxTIdKR5WX3

You can see where nylon reinforced hose is attached. Now, those two connections are by passed. I guess I could hook up a pump and pump water through the heat exchanger and see if anything horrible happens that way. Then, at least, i wouldn't get antifreeze all over the place.

Anyway, any insights, advice or observations will be great appreciated!

Danny
Mattapoisett, Ma