Danny,

That is not heater hose.  I would see if it is temperature rated for 180
degree water!  I just bought a 50 foot roll from Amazon because it was
cheaper than 15 feet at West.   If you were nearby, I'd give you the rest.

Yes, I'd hook up a hose and see if there is a leak.  They likely bypassed
it for a reason.

Joel

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 11:56 AM, Danny Haughey via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Well, In the fall of 2015, when we were in the process of buying our boat,
> the water heater was hooked up and tripping the shore power breaker at the
> survey.  Surveyor said, it's probably just the element.
>
> There is a loop in the engine for the piping to the coil heat exchanger
> inside the water heater.  This was hooked at inspection.  Well, as i needed
> some repairs done for the delivery home, I hired the yard where she spent
> 26 of her 30 years to fix a few things.  Drain the old fuel, replace
> filters, replace some gauges, repair the toilet.  Well, after I got the
> boat home I realized they had completely disconnected and bypassed the heat
> exchanger tubing from the water heater to the engine and never said
> anything to me about.
>
> I called and called and called to try and find out why but, they simply
> refused to return my call.
>
> My question now is, should i just hook it back up and see what the issue
> is?
>
> Here is a pic at survey.
>
> https://1drv.ms/i/s!Al8x-ET7_b7Mn1uGbsxTIdKR5WX3
>
> You can see where nylon reinforced hose is attached.  Now, those two
> connections are by passed.  I guess I could hook up a pump and pump water
> through the heat exchanger and see if anything horrible happens that way.
> Then, at least, i wouldn't get antifreeze all over the place.
>
> Anyway, any insights, advice or observations will be great appreciated!
>
> Danny
> Mattapoisett, Ma

> https://www.paypal.me/stumurray

Joel