When I raced mine more regularly, I took the penalty for my 160%.  Maybe if I
had a new 155% it would be OK, but in the light air, I found I needed all the
SA I could get.From my times to Chatfield, it seemed like you had more light
air, much like the midwest.RonWild CheriC&C 30-1STL

      From: RANDY via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
 To: cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: RANDY <randy.staff...@comcast.net>; cnc-list <CnC-List@cnc-list.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, May 3, 2017 10:52 AM
 Subject: Re: Stus-List Sail advice - 1, 2 , 3 go

This has been a good thread.  Grenadine came with six headsails not counting
staysails:
#1 genoa, 163%, medium-light#2 genoa, 148%, medium-heavydrifter, 148%, light#3
genoa, 128%, heavyworking jib, ~100%, medium-heavystorm jib, heavy
Last year I raced mostly with the #2 genoa, occasionally the #3.  I never raced
with the #1 because it would cost me a -3 PHRF adjustment and it probably can't
point worth crap.  I'll never need the storm jib where I sail (if I get caught
out I'm at most 1.5 miles from the marina).  But based on the comments in this
thread, maybe I'll try racing with the working jib if it's ever really blowing
on a race night, and find a way to sheet it inboard.
Last week, first race of the year, I flew the drifter with lightweight sheets
in <10 kts and the boat was fast, probably due also to her new folding prop.  A
Catalina 25 gapped the fleet with a good start, but I passed and held off the
rest of the fleet, then finally overtook her just after the last mark rounding.
 Then my sheet broke - my crew didn't have a fair lead to the winch, and the
sheet was rubbing on the edge of the genoa car - and things went to hell. ISAF
case 82 and a bunch of other rules came into play.
Hoping for a better performance tonight.  Looks like the same wind conditions;
I'll probably fly the drifter again.  And I'll be measuring and setting
sheeting angles a la
http://www.sailmagazine.com/racing/regattas/headsail-sheeting/ once I get the
time.
Cheers,Randy StaffordS/V GrenadineC&C 30-1 #7Ken Caryl, CO