Just had my rudder rebuilt by Competition Composites in Ontario.  I have pics
of the interior and shaft.  I had been removing the rudder every winter due to
the water in the rudder....so it didn't freeze. .. kept it in the heated
garage...and let it drain a cup or more of black-brown ooze.   Wasn't a big
deal to remove and replace it.... just a bit of a PITA with the quadrant and
key.  No more removal and replacement.... cost about $5k with shipping (350 lbs
to ship it to Ontario....waiting to see if it is much lighter shipping back...)
Spencer Johnson84 LF 38  "Alegria " #165Racine WI