Hi Chuck,

The hairline crack in the gelcoat at that location is very common.  You can
open the crack up a bit, fill and sand smooth, then finish off with your stripe
in gelcoat or paint.

On C&Cs, the non-skid pattern is part of the deck mold so the deck gelcoat
should be all the same colour regardless if it is in the smooth or non-skid
surfaces.

If your non-skid is a lighter shade and has grit in it then it has been painted
at some time, just not by C&C.

Cheers

Rick Taillieu

Shearwater Yacht Club