From: Donald Sebastian <donaldsebast...@me.com>
Sent: Monday, May 8, 2017 2:42 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List the foam monster that ate the v-berth

 Joe,

I did the same thing with an mattress from Ikea.       I cut it down and
actually resewed the cover to fit the new wedge shape so that can be removed
and cleaned. The loss of head space is definitely worth the extra comfort.

Just a hint to help move it.   Put it in a thick plastic bag and suck the air
out with a shop vac and then duck tape the opening shut.   This will compress
it down to a small ball that will  grow fairly slowly back to size once in
place and removed from the bag.    I do this each season.

Donald
(no name yet after 2 years)
C&C 33 MKII

On May 8, 2017, at 4:31 PM, Della Barba, Joe via CnC-List

I had finally had enough of the 1980 era fabric on 1973 era foam v-berth
cushions and decided to make something better. I ordered a 6 inch thick king
sized memory foam mattress and an electric carving knife from Amazon, drew an
outline of the cushions, and started cutting.
So far so good :)
I crammed and stuffed it into the car, drove down to the dock, and now had to
carry this huge thing in wind gusting to 30 onto the boat and get it aboard
without getting launched off the dock. Well that was hard enough, but the next
step was not totally thought through. The companionway and the passage past the
head to the v-berth are not really up to king sized mattress moving. After what
felt like a huge fight with an angry giant octopus, I finally got it up there.
It is very comfortable too, but what a freaking pain!

Joe
Coquina
C&C 35 MK I