I would disassemble it.  The drill might be salvageable if you can prevent
the internal electronics from corroding away.  The battery on the other
hand, it is probably shot.  Being a lithium-ion battery, it has an internal
circuit board which has been powered up the entire time.

With the cost of most batteries you'd probably spend near the cost of the
drill just to replace the battery.

Good luck,
Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk