If the coupling is still easily removable, I'd say take it out of the boat
and clean the threads on it thoroughly with brake cleaner, the jack bolts
too, and then re-assemble them with lots of blue Locktite 242. Then torque
them to the correct spec for the type of bolt.

Since the brake cleaning spray makes a lot of flammable vapor, you'd need
to think of another way to remove grease film from the coupler if it has to
stay in the boat.  The new coupling will almost certainly have oil residue
left over from manufacturing when the tap threaded the hole.

When used on clean, clean, clean threads blue Locktite will be stronger
than the wire method.   Don't use red Locktite, it's considered permanent
and you may break the bolt trying to take it off.

Look at the head of the bolt.  if it's plain, it's a grade 2, if it has 3
dashes, it's grade 5. if it has 6 dashes, it's a grade 8.  Go online and
get the maximum "lubricated" torque value for your size bolt and torque
them to the exact value.

Eric