Bruce,

The previous owner had a Robertson Autopilot installed on my boat with an
Octopus hydraulic drive. The Robertson only worked intermittently and shipping
it out to get serviced turned into a gigantic waste of money (one more year of
use). So, I started shopping replacements.

I went with the Raymarine system, which will connect effortlessly to your
hydraulic drive’s 4 wires. Everything is clearly labelled and even if you wire
it backwards, the setup mode on the Raymarine p70 will correct that internally.

I did my first real test a few weeks ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl_2lh8JhyI
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl_2lh8JhyI> Works incredibly well. I can’t
recommend the Raymarine system enough.

I still have to connect it to my Raymarine e95 MFD to round out the system, but
high temperatures last weekend made the prospect of running another network
cable down my binnacle prohibitive (I’d be a puddle in the cockpit), but that
is the next step.

All the best,

Edd

Edd M. Schillay