Not recommending dexcool.

I too have seen and heard bad things about dexcool.  As I understand it, it
is an organic coolant and after ao many years and miles it turns to goop.
If you can't figure out what it is then your best bet is to change it out
and start from ground zero.

I do like the propylene glycol coolants for marine applications simply
because of their low toxicity should some make it to the bilge.

Josh