Hi All,

I've bought a new 9" chart plotter for install on my tiller steered C&C34.
  The boat has a small companionway dodger.

I hooked the plotter up and experimented with some possible locations.  I'm
leaning toward mounting it on a RAM mount on top of the companionway
slider.  What I'm not sure about is how to deal with the wiring...   Some

1. Have wires go onto top (exterior) of slider with enough length to open
slider.  When slider is open wire slack would bunch on top of slider.

2. Have wires come up through bottom of RAM mount.  Wire slack would bunch
in cabin when the hatch is closed.  (Wires come out of cabin liner near
companion way)

Any recommendations from the group?

Thanks,
  Jeremy