Hello and thanks for taking the time to read and respond.  I’m a new owner of a
1986 C&C 33 mk2.  My stuffing box is leaking/dripping.  I’d say a drip every 3
seconds.  I’m going to try and see if I can tighten it, but I briefly tried and
it was very difficult…maybe due to corrosion.   Plan is to try again after some
PB Blaster or other compound to assist in loosening.  I don’t know when the
stuffing was replaced previously.

Looking for some help in selecting the correct stuffing/packing size.  I
believe you select the diameter of the packing material according to the shaft
size???

Many thanks for the help, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Brett Robertson
Oshkosh, WI