I agree about spraying water everywhere.  That was one of the selling
points for the 37+.  It has an enclosed shower.  We found considerably
larger boats with 3 or 4 births and 2 or 3 heads and none of the heads had
enclosed showers.  You basically stood/sat on the toilet and used the
faucet while washing down the toilet paper holder.

The 37+ shower isn't perfect.  In fact it is quite tight and for me and
necessitates sitting on the built in bench.  It is hard to use less than 7
gallons of water... But doable.  My wife, her friend, and I all managed to
get one shower each out of a 20 gallon tank and we all have long hair.  We
even had enough hot water.  If it is warm enough we try to use the deck
shower which includes hot water.  If we're in a marina we'll use the
bathhouse.  If we're up a clean-ish and fresh-ish tributary we'll wash off
on the swim platform.

In short, yes I use the shower...on my 37+.  I think the 30 and the 34/36
have similar layouts and I've thought for years that the 30 would have been
a great way to start with a smaller boat.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD