I just did this on my pump 3gm30. The problem was the rear seal. I just
replaced it no problem. Clean off the shaft with 600 wet paper as well as the
other surface. Probably just the seal easy fix.                           Gary
Liberty 38' mk ll

-------- Original message --------From: William via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 7/10/17  7:41 AM  (GMT-05:00) To:
cnc-list@cnc-list.com Cc: William <ws20...@optonline.net> Subject: Stus-List
Yanmar 3QM30 Water Pump Rebuild
The water pump on my raw water cooled 3QM30 (1980) is weeping about 5 drops per
minute from the weep hole behind the impeller housing.  I'm thinking that this
will require a rebuild.  Have listers done this themselves?  Any
recommendations for shops that could do this for me.  I'm in NJ.
Any input appreciated!

Smitty
1981 C&C 36 C/B

Sent from my iPhone