From: Dan [mailto:dgcorm...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 10:00 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Della Barba, Joe <joe.della.ba...@ssa.gov>
Subject: Re: Stus-List 1986 C&C 44 balsa core isolated or not

Very helpful, thank you so much - and also very scarey... This boat does have a
folding prop but it looks brand new. I think this surveyor has more to say but
is waiting to get right into the full survey. I did discover that there is
about an inch of standing water under the engine and around the prop shaft that
could account for the high external meter readings in that area. The area near
the bow of the boat is still a mystery. I've learned that all C&C's from this
era over 32' have coring below the waterline down to about 12" from the
centerline where it becomes solid glass. Hopefully this spot is just a tank and
not wet core.

Dan

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 10:44 AM, Della Barba, Joe via CnC-List
Besides for that, I would expect a surveyor to TELL ME things like that, not me
tell him!
Do note a half-open folding prop can do extensive damage. When my parents had
Coquina out in the 1980s they had to do an emergency haul-out because the
f%$%^&% Martec stuck half-open and nearly ripped the strut off the boat. I
suspect this could be much worse with a diesel on rubber mounts too.

Joe
Coquina