Failure to really know and UNDERSTAND the colregs is why boats hit boats. Congratulations on your license, but you may still have some larnin' to do, son. Colregs depend on everyone knowing and doing what is expected, but allows for those who don't. A stand on vessel that gives way is screwing up the system. Being unpredictable is not what a licensed captain ever wants to be. Many on this list have had licenses at levels from 6-pack up to 100 ton Masters for years and decades. :-)

Bill Bina