Still squaring away the details for my second day of boat ownership on my new
(to me) 1980 C&C 30 MK1. Yesterday when I signed the papers, got the keys and
cracked a beer to watch my first sunset in the cockpit, I had mixed feelings of
elation and a good dose of: oh-shit-I-just-bought-an-old-boat. Because who
really knows if the surveyor missed something, or what’s going on between a
hull and a keel joint. I’m not getting any younger and I feel like the fun
happens when you jump in the water and figure it out as you go. Maybe we should
change the definition of what a boat is: A hole in the water in which one
jumps. Anyway I’m proud to be part of the group and always wanted a C&C. I’m an
Ontario boy who’s now on the west coast and ready for sailing, with a whopping
to-do list to get through in the coming months. Wish me luck!

Chris