Chris — welcome to the great C&C club!  My first sailboat was a 1981 30mkI,
hull #677; after ten years, I graduated to a 1979 Landfall 38, hull #009 (I
guess I’m going backwards in terms of boat age…).

You’ll find LOTS of 30mkI owners on the list, and a wealth of experience about
all things C&C.  If you feel it’s as good a value as most of us here do, please
try to remember our volunteer host, Stu, who runs this thing out of the
goodness of his heart (or sheer stubbornness…   :^).  This reminds me that I
need to send him another donation...

We generally try to encourage listers to put their name, boat type/name and
where they sail at the bottom of the emails, so we can give proper advice.  So
it would help us to know where on the West Coast you sail.

Again, welcome — and ask lots of questions, you’ll get plenty of good answers.

— Fred

Fred Street -- Minneapolis