Yep, that's the thread.

Just an update, in addition to MD Building Products, Frost King and a
couple others now make the black HDPM "D" shaped weather seal.  I think I
even saw some at Walmart the other day.

Just cut new lenses from Polycarbonate or acrylic.  Clean the old frames
and apply the "D" seal.  Lately I've been putting the joint at the bottom
and cutting it at 90 degrees.  There are arguments for putting the joint at
on end or at the top.  Also, heard folks cut it on a 45.  I don't think it
matters much.

Place the lens in and, starting from the top middle install the spline.
Lubricate the spline with diluted dish washing soap and use a wooden or
plastic implement to push it into the groove.  Just make sure you get it
all the way into the groove.  Not important for sealing, just for making
sure it doesn't decide to worm its way out.  The "D" seal is what keeps the
water out.

Don't mess with the frame.  It probably doesn't leak so don't fix it.  In
nearly 2 decades of C&C ownership and discussion lists and forums, I don't
recall a case of the frames leaking.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA