Joe — PLEASE don’t use welding cable on a boat.  It’s not UL- or ABYC-approved
for marine use, and the fact that it’s not tinned should be a huge red flag,
especially for you saltwater boaters.

4AWG marine battery cable from Pacer Marine is $1.75/ft retail:
http://www.pacergroup.net/4-gauge-battery-cable/
<http://www.pacergroup.net/4-gauge-battery-cable/>

I’ve been using these guys for many years, and their wire products for marine
use are equal or superior to just about anything else our there, and reasonably
priced.

— Fred

Fred Street -- Minneapolis