Ok, so, I did check the swivel before raising the sail and it seemed fine. That was only about 3 weeks ago. I think dropping the sail and flushing is probably the best, 1st, line of action. Someone else mentioned maybe supporting the mast with the halyard and releasing the head stay and soaking the drum in a 5 gallon bucket of soapy water before rinsing. That sounds like a good idea too. with a requisite inspection, of course.

I'll have to check the way the line exits the drum too. maybe adjust a block if necessary...

Thank again.

Danny